Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If your Waco home or business has suffered a water damaged caused by something such as a pipe burst, a sewer back up, a plumbing failure, an appliance overflow, or any one of a dozen other causes of water damages SERVPRO of Greater Waco is here to help you through the process of reclaiming your home. We have the industry certified and experienced staff that are on call 24 hours each day to respond to your needs. SERVPRO of Greater Waco uses the latest industry equipment to ensure your property is restored efficiently and properly. SERVPRO of Greater Waco always provides detailed validation and a room specific billing process that leaves no questions of what work was performed. Give SERVPRO of Greater Waco a call at 254-224-5999 and let us make your recent water damage "Like it never even happened."
Please feel free to follow our Water Damage Tips that provide helpful Dos and Don'ts when you are in the midst of a water damage:
Water Damage Tips—Until Help Arrives Guide
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (254) 224-5999
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.