Proactive Cleaning for Home and Work
Call your trusted professionals, we are available 24/7
During this unprecedented time, SERVPRO of Greater Waco is here to help with your cleaning and disinfecting needs. The coronavirus pandemic has affected the ways we operate and conduct our businesses. Having professionally trained specialists adhering to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards should put SERVPRO of Greater Waco at the top of you list if you are in need of cleaning and sanitizing services.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has set protocols for cleaning and disinfecting your home or business that SERVPRO will follow. We will go beyond the scope of regular janitorial staff, and we have years of experience dealing with bioremediation.
The CDC recommends cleaning of surfaces that are touched often such as door knobs, tabletops, light switches, counters, bathroom fixtures, handrails, toilets, tablets, phones, and keyboards. Other areas discussed in the CDC’s commercial spaces guide include: bathrooms, kitchens, offices, schools, retail spaces, shelving, fitness equipment, carpets and rugs, and playground equipment.
SERVPRO of Greater Waco also has the recommended EPA approved cleaning products with claims against similar pathogens to Covid-19. We will follow all guidelines provided by local authorities and the CDC.
For questions for proactive cleaning, or any other type of cleaning or sanitizing call your trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Greater Waco any time at (254) 224-5999
Central Texas Storm Damage
We are well into springtime and although that may bring about warmer temperatures and more outdoor activities, it also signals the beginning of storm season here in Central Texas. Just know that SERVPRO® of Greater Waco is here to help you should your home or business suffer from storm damage.
Storm damage to your home or business can leave you frightened and frustrated. Fortunately, SERVPRO® of Greater Waco and our highly trained staff are here for you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to respond as quickly as possible to begin the process of restoring your storm damaged property. Here are a few tips of what to do and what not to do if your property may incur damage from a storm:
- Remove any excess water using a mop or by blotting
- Clear items off of tables and wipe away moisture
- Remove wet upholstery and cushions
- Use wood blocks between wet carpet and furniture legs
- Remove loose items from the floor
- Move any artwork or valuable to a safe, dry place
- Turn A/C on in the summertime
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Leave wet fabrics in place
- Leave magazines and books on wet carpet or floors
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if your ceiling is wet or damaged
- Turn on or use household appliances
Take care of a few small things in the event of storm damage. Leave the rest to the professionals at SERVPRO® of Greater Waco.
It's almost Memorial Day Weekend!
Use these helpful tips to keep your loved ones and yourself safe this Memorial day weekend.
If your plan is to grill up some good grub this Memorial Day weekend or any weekend for that matter, keep reading for some helpful tips to keep everyone safe!
- Maintain cleanliness! Grill fires are often caused by fat and oil buildup on the grill and the tray underneath the grill. Use a wire brush to clean up excess fat and oil while the grill is still hot. Try to clean your grill thoroughly at least 2 to 3 times a year.
- Gas grills: Be sure to check for any leaks on the propane tank. A thorough examination does not take long and can help prevent a dangerous accident.
- Do not leave the grill unattended. This may seem like common sense, but it does lead to fires more often than you’d think! Also, grills stay hot up to an hour after use, so keep that in mind when you’re finished grilling for the day.
- Wear proper clothing. If your clothing has long sleeves or hanging tassels/ strings, consider changing into a tee shirt. Clothing that has loose ends and hanging strings can catch fire easily.
- Keep the grill outside. It is best to keep the grill at least 10 feet from your house. Almost one-third of grill fires happen on the porch or balcony of a residence. It is safer to be as far from the home as possible.
Remember these simple tips to stay safe while grilling. We want you to have the most enjoyable time with your families for the upcoming holiday weekend and the entire summer.
Water Damage and Hospitality Businesses
Maybe skip the midnight bubble bath if you're sleepy.
SERVPRO® of Greater Waco had a recent opportunity to assist a local hotel with an unexpected flood. Hotel management immediately contacted our office needing help as soon as possible to mitigate the flood and prevent major damage to the property.
Arriving as quickly as possible, our trained technicians assessed the situation and determined the best course of action. There were five rooms and a hallway that were flooded. Furniture was moved out of the wet areas to prevent damage and water was extracted from the soaking wet carpet. After extracting as much water as possible, focus shifted to drying the remaining moisture using equipment such as air movers and dehumidifiers.
SERVPRO of Greater Waco worked with the hotel management and staff to ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests while the dry out efforts took place. Here at SERVPRO® of Greater Waco we understand It is of the utmost importance to a business to continue operating after a water disaster and we are ready to accommodate in any way possible to make that happen.
SERVPRO® of Greater Waco was able to dry the flooring and walls in a timely manner. This prevented any need for demolition or rebuilding. This falls in line with our mantra of ‘restore over replace’ whenever possible. In the end, the hotel managers and staff were extremely thankful to have the affected rooms and hallway back to normal.
If you need assistance with water damage, please contact us at 254-224-5999. We will send out one of our professional team members to meet with you.
Roof Damage Tarping
Tarping prevents secondary damage from occurring and buys you more time for inspection and repairs.
When you think of a storm damaging your home, the first thing that may come to mind is your roof. As the first line of defense to your home, your roof takes the brunt of the punishment from any storm that passes through your area. If your roof becomes damaged due to a storm or any other reason, a professional should be contacted as soon as possible. An assessment needs to be made and action needs to be taken.
One of the actions that may need to be addressed quickly is tarping your roof. The professionals at SERVPRO of Greater Waco are able to provide you with roof tarping in the event of an emergency or as a precautionary measure. Tarping the roof can prevent any secondary damage from occurring and can give you time to get the roof inspected and ready for repair.
In addition to roof tarping, board up services are also available. Board ups are also helpful in securing your property and limiting any further damage.
Call your Greater Waco franchise for your roof tarping and board up needs.
It doesn’t take long for a house fire to become extremely dangerous or even life-threatening. There are a few factors to consider when it comes to a fire as well as some preventative measures you can take to help you and others in your home if you are faced with a fire.
There are a few important factors to consider during a house fire:
- SPEED: A fire can turn into a major disaster in minutes or even seconds. Never underestimate how quickly a fire can spread and become even more dangerous.
- TEMPERATURE: A fire produces extremely hot air which can affect your breathing as well as burn your skin.
- SMOKE: Smoke can be more dangerous than flames! Smoke inhalation is the leading cause of fatalities in house fires.
Here are a few preventative measures we can take to be better prepared in the event of a fire at home:
- Smoke Alarms. There are several types of smoke alarms available. Just be sure to check the batteries regularly!
- Plan a Fire Escape. Find the quickest and safest ways to exit your home. Try to have more than one way to exit your home from each room if possible.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Home Sprinkler Systems.
- Sleep With Doors Closed.
Always keep in mind that a house fire is very dangerous and can be deadly. Your first priority should always be to get you and your loved ones out of the house. SERVPRO® of Greater Waco can help you with fire cleanup and restoration.
HOW TO DEAL WITH WET CARPET
Owning a home can be very fulfilling but often full of challenges and unpredictable scenarios. Pipes and water heaters can leak or burst. A bathtub or sink can overflow. One of the most common parts of a home that is affected by one of these unfortunate incidents is your carpet. While the situation may appear dire at first glance, it does not mean that your carpet cannot be saved or restored. Let’s go over a general overview of what we can do to save soaked carpet.
There are three basic processes your SERVPRO of Greater Waco professionals will use to attempt to restore your carpet to its preloss condition.
- Extraction: the extraction process removes the majority of the water from your carpet. The amount of water your carpet has taken on will determine the type of equipment used to extract as much water as possible. Some examples are an extraction wand or a weighted extraction machine.
- Drying: The drying process will prevent excess water or moisture from penetrating further into the carpet which can help us to save the carpet from being removed. Techniques and equipment used will depend on the type of carpet and amount of moisture remaining after extraction.
- Cleaning: after extraction and drying are complete and the carpet is deemed to be salvageable, your carpet will be professionally cleaned. It can also be deodorized if necessary.
There can be many other factors and processes involved when it comes to a flood in carpeted areas of your home. Just know that SERVPRO of Greater Waco is committed to ‘restore over replace’ principles and methods.
COVID-19 and You
For more information about COVID-19 and for current updates, follow the CDC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Concerns are widespread about coronavirus disease 2019 in our community, so naturally we went directly to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help understand the virus, prevention and what individuals who discover they are sick can do. Here are a few things from www.cdc.gov we found especially informative:
What is the source of the virus? According to www.cdc.gov, COVID-19 is from a family of coronaviruses that cause illness in humans while others affect animals. Genetic analysis of COVID-19 says it originated in bats but they are unsure how it jumped into humans. (For more info about the source and spread of the virus go HERE.)
How can I help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19? Currently there is no vaccine to prevent contracting coronavirus disease 2019, but there are ways to prevent the spread of it such as:
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough, sneeze and throw all tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect areas and objects that are frequently touched with household cleaning spray or wipes
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (About the length of the song “Happy Birthday”)
- After going to the bathroom
- Before eating
- After blowing your nose
- After coughing
- After sneezing
- If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
- The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from COVID-19, only when a healthcare professional recommends it. Use of facemasks are crucial for people who have COVID-19 to protect others from becoming infected, for health workers and other people who come into close contact with individuals who are sick.
Though there are no disinfectants that are specific to COVID-19, the CDC recommends labeled hospital-grade disinfectants that are effective against similar viruses.
SERVPRO® of Greater Waco professionals are trained in adhering to the highest cleaning/sanitation standards provided by the CDC and local authorities. SERVPROXIDE is an EPA certified, hospital-grade disinfectant that has been found to be effective against viruses similar to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) on hard, non-porous surfaces.
We cannot prevent or eradicate the virus, but if asked, we will perform the necessary bioremediation services to clean, disinfect and sanitize your property.
For more information about COVID-19 and for current updates, follow the CDC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
This home was gutted down to the studs after a fire loss.
If you take a minute to look at some of our #TransformationTuesday posts on Facebook, you will notice how affected materials are sometimes removed in order to dry the remaining structure. After mitigating the damage, the next step is for repairs and rebuild to take place in order to restore the affected areas to a preloss state. Reconstruction of a home or commercial structure could involve the installation of new flooring, it could be rebuilding a kitchen that was gutted, re-installation of drywall, texture and paint; or as extensive as a complete rebuild of a structure after a significant loss.
When you need reconstruction services for your home or business, call the local pros at SERVPRO® of GREATER Waco at 254-224-5999. We are on standby 24/7 to take your call.
Central Texas Severe Weather
Faster to any size disaster, SERVPRO® of GREATER Waco is here to serve!
According to the National Weather Service, this week’s Hazardous Weather Outlook includes scattered thunderstorms, varying from strong to marginally severe with a possibility of hail. These heavy rains can result in flooding, wind and hail damage to your home or business.
We are fully equipped to handle storm damage, no matter how large of a job. In the event your home or business suffers storm damage, these are some of the services we can provide:
- Board up
- Roof damage repair
- CAT 3 flood water mitigation
- Wind damage repair
As a precautionary measure, the Department of Homeland Security (www.ready.gov) provides a list of things you can put together an emergency kit in the event you may need to survive without certain necessities due to storm related damage.
Stay tuned to your preferred severe weather notification service, app or website for updates on upcoming hazardous weather.
SERVPRO® of GREATER Waco is here to respond faster to any storm related disaster and we are available 24/7 to answer your call.