The Power of a Little Water
Using a Thermal Imaging Camera on a Waco area washing machine leak. SERVPRO of Greater Waco has the tools needed to address your loss efficiently.
Big or small, water damage to your home or business is nothing to be taken lightly. What may seem to be a small problem could cause large structural or air quality issues over a period of time.
How a water problem is handled is of the utmost importance. The last thing a property owner wants is for a seemingly small problem end up being a long-term threat to a home or business. That is where SERVPRO of Greater Waco comes in the picture. Using the proper tools and expertise to identify and dry unseen water will prevent further damage to your property. Technology and equipment combined with the knowledge and training of SERVPRO professionals will ensure that you and your property are getting the best treatment possible.
Moisture sensors, moisture meters, thermo-hygrometers, and thermal imaging cameras are some of the tools your SERVPRO professionals will use to properly test and inspect your water damage. Put your trust in SERVPRO and their equipment and training to take care of your water damage and make it "Like it never even happened."
According to The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), a Home structure fire is reported every 90 seconds.
A dryer that a homeowner returned home to find just in time to remove before it caused significant damage to his home.
With our lives becoming more and more reliant on electronics are we more at risk for a fire? Think about the number of items in your home that have electronic circuitry, each one has the potential to malfunction and could be the cause of a fire in your home. While we keep adding devices in our homes, we also keep increasing the demand on our home’s electrical system. Are we creating a higher risk with each and every device we bring home and plug in?
Are you the type that leaves home with one or more of your appliances running in your absence? A recent homeowner took to Facebook to share his near miss with a malfunctioning dryer. Luckily the owner returned home in time to pull the dryer out of the house before it caused significant damage. While SERVPRO of Greater Waco is here to help you if your home suffers are fire or smoke loss, we are also here to help provide tips that could possibly prevent a fire from ever starting in your home.
Here are SERVPRO of Greater Waco’s Top 10 things you can do to help prevent a fire in your home:
- Test your smoke detectors regularly, we recommend replacing the batteries every six months for peace of mind to know that they will operate properly when you most need them to.
- Consider replacing old appliances before it is too late. As appliances age they become more likely to malfunction which could result in an ignition spark.
- Avoid overloading electrical circuits, most in home circuits are rated for 15amps. A general rule of thumb is not to put more than 80% load (12amps) on any 15-amp breaker, or risk overloading the circuit.
- Clean your dryer lint trap after each cycle and manually inspect your dryer vent at least once a year.
- Unplug toasters after each use and do no not store them on countertops where pets may knock them off.
- Do not run appliances when you are not home, especially your dishwasher, dryer, or washing machine.
- Do not use water, or flour, to put out a grease fire. Smothering or Baking Soda are the preferred methods.
- Select the proper gauge extension cord for the job, be careful not to overload them which causes them to overheat.
- Create and practice a home evacuation plan with all members of your family.
- Purchase and install fire extinguishers, they are handy when you need them.
Doing these simple things could help reduce your chances of experiencing a fire loss in your home. SERVPRO of Greater Waco is committed to helping reduce home fires to create a safer environment for your family.
We are always here to help, feel free to contact us at 254-224-5999 for all your Waco area Fire and Smoke needs.
Are Your Ductwork Systems Clean Enough?
An improperly maintained dryer lint trap found in a home in the Waco area.
According to FEMA up to 34% of home fires are caused by a failure to properly clean and maintain dryer systems. Home dryer fires cause $35 million in property loss each year. Are you doing your part to ensure that your home will not be part of this statistic? To reduce the risk of a fire happening in your home SERVPRO of Greater Waco can help assess and clean dryer vents/ductwork to ensure your system is operating properly. The National Fire agency recommends at a minimum that you clean your lint filter in your dryer before each and every load you dry. You also need to not forget to check the vent’s outside exit to ensure that it has not been clogged by debris such as a bird nest or other obstruction. Maintaining a clean system can extend the life of your equipment and allow your system to operate at its peak efficiency all year. An inspection from SERVPRO of Greater Waco could help save you money and provide you with peace of mind. We also are equipped to provide complete HVAC ductwork cleaning as well. Here’s how we proceed when cleaning any home’s ductwork. SERVPRO of Greater Waco uses our portable ventilation & air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust, grime, and lint:
- The process begins by using patented equipment, including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional procedure, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove any odor and dirt.
Contact SERVPRO of Greater Waco today for more information on ductwork cleaning or to schedule an appointment. (254)-224-5999.
SERVPRO of Greater Waco Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor beyond the Obvious damage in your Waco home or business.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allow us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Greater Waco will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 254-224-5999
Restoring Your Woodway Property After a Commercial Water Damage Event
We have access to the right amount of equipment for your loss, no matter its size. SERVPRO of Greater Waco is your Woodway commercial loss partner.
Flooding and water damage events can occur anywhere in Woodway. Commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Greater Waco
SERVPRO of Greater Waco specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to obtaining several regular IICRC-industry certifications. Our staff holds the Commercial Drying Specialist designation through the IICRC, which lets you rest assured our staff is equipped with the proper knowledge to restore your property fast and efficient.
See all of our IICRC certifications held by our franchise Here.
Water Damage, What Now?
This living room carpet is flooded with an inch of water. SERVPRO of Greater Waco was able to help this Waco home get back to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Greater Waco is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help Call Today – (254)-224-5999
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Greater Waco has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine the equipment and the resources necessary for your job, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- How many rooms are affected?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Once we have acquired the necessary information we will then dispatch our crews and let you know what time to expect our team. We understand that response time is paramount and will arrive onsite as quickly as possible to begin to start the restoration process and make your loss "Like it never even happened."
About SERVPRO of Greater Waco
SERVPRO of Greater Waco specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Our team maintains the following industry certifications:
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- ASD – Applied Structural Drying Technician
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- CDS – Commercial Drying Specialist
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation