Helpful Hints if you ever experience a Business Fire
A fire anywhere can be a traumatic experience, but when it hits your business, it can mean a loss of income for yourself, employees and your lifeline of financial survival. By keeping a level head and following a few steps, your business can come out unscathed.
- Take a deep breath and begin going over your contingency plan. Careful planning before a major event will help alleviate additional stress and keep you on an organized path throughout the chaos.
- Take photos and document as much as possible. The professionals at SERVPRO of Greater Waco utilize 360-degree photo technology to survey the entire structure while documenting every inch of the loss. Make sure to keep any receipts for expenses related to the fire and begin to collect important documents. Things like proprietary business documents, employee files and insurance paperwork are all things you may need. If you question the need to keep it, keep it. It’s better to have too much than to accidently throw away that one form you might need.
- Call your insurance company. A quick response means they can begin to file your claim faster and set you up to begin the process of recovery. You may also want to check if you have business interruption insurance. Depending on the policy, you may have funds available for specific business expenses incurred from the fire.
- Contact your network. Contact any vendors, employees or customers that may be impacted by the shutdown. Delay or cancel any pending deliveries and go over your contingency plan with employees.
- Secure the facility. If structurally sound, consider boarding up windows or locking the facility to prevent any secondary damage or looting of the facility. Also, make sure anything of value has been removed from the building, Things like important documents, hard drives (even damaged ones) or equipment that can be of value secondhand
Experience a fire at your office? Call SERVPRO® of Greater Waco 254-224-5999