Does Your Home Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, the weather man often reports the local mold count in the air.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or your favorite pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, there’s a good chance the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and often the smell can lead you to the possible mold problem area.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45% percent. This is generally accomplished with the normal use of a well-maintained HVAC system.
If your home or business has a mold problem, or just has a musty smell, we can inspect and assess your property for any mild related issues. We can even use our industry experience, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation if one is found. If You See or Smell Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Greater Waco Today at (254)244-5999.