The end of the year is upon us and it is a good time to reacquaint ourselves with some basic tips on mold prevention and removal. Molds are found everywhere and will especially thrive in damp, warm environments. Where mold is present there is a potential risk that someone could become ill from its exposure. As a homeowner, renter or business owner; it is important to take some necessary steps in ensuring the safety of loved ones, coworkers and clients.
The CDC provides some basic mold prevention tips to help:
- Maintain humidity levels lower than 50% with the aid of an air conditioner or dehumidifier
- Ensure proper ventilation of areas such as the kitchen and bathroom with the use of exhaust fans
- Repair damage in roofing material, walls and plumbing to decrease the chances that mold begin growing due to moisture
- Use paint with mold inhibitors
- Clean with mold killing products in areas of high moisture such as bathrooms
- Discard or replace mats, carpets or upholstery that has become water damaged and cannot dry thoroughly. (Anti slip/mold water resistant mats are also an alternative to not using carpets or mats in rooms with a lot of moisture)
If you become aware of extensive flooding in your home that cannot be dried and restored within 24-48 hours to avoid mold growth, we at SERVPRO of Greater Waco are professionally equipped and specially trained to handle water damage in your home and/or business. We are on call to serve you 24 hours a day and help you through the process of cleaning and restoring your home or business to avoid further damage. Because all mold has the potential to cause health effects, do not delay in letting us help you restore your home or business "Like it never even happened." give SERVPRO of Greater Waco a call at 254-224-5999 for your mold related issues.