Are Your Ductwork Systems Clean Enough?
According to FEMA up to 34% of home fires are caused by a failure to properly clean and maintain dryer systems. Home dryer fires cause $35 million in property loss each year. Are you doing your part to ensure that your home will not be part of this statistic? To reduce the risk of a fire happening in your home SERVPRO of Greater Waco can help assess and clean dryer vents/ductwork to ensure your system is operating properly. The National Fire agency recommends at a minimum that you clean your lint filter in your dryer before each and every load you dry. You also need to not forget to check the vent’s outside exit to ensure that it has not been clogged by debris such as a bird nest or other obstruction. Maintaining a clean system can extend the life of your equipment and allow your system to operate at its peak efficiency all year. An inspection from SERVPRO of Greater Waco could help save you money and provide you with peace of mind. We also are equipped to provide complete HVAC ductwork cleaning as well. Here’s how we proceed when cleaning any home’s ductwork. SERVPRO of Greater Waco uses our portable ventilation & air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust, grime, and lint:
- The process begins by using patented equipment, including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional procedure, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove any odor and dirt.
Contact SERVPRO of Greater Waco today for more information on ductwork cleaning or to schedule an appointment. (254)-224-5999.